live love laugh

Saturday, September 10, 2011

All the buildings in NY



This is so cool....
Australian illustrator, James Gulliver Hancock is currently based in New York and has one goal; to draw all of the buildings in New York (hence the name of his blog). 


“I’ve traveled a lot, as most artists do, and I’ve developed this weird relationship with each city I’ve visited,” he said.  “They become like friends, and I want to record them.”


As far as his obsession with drawing goes, he’s at ease with it.  

“It started pretty early with me,” he said.  “As a creative, it’s a way to organize my environment.  It’s part of how I see things.”


He talks of how he finds it almost impossible to put his pen down at times, even at restaurants Hancock scribbles away on napkins or whatever he can find to doodle on. Hancock says he often finds discarded sketches from lunches, framed and on friends' walls, funnily enough. 


Either way James has a long way to go, he's unsure if he will be able to literally draw each and every building in New York, but he is willing to try. 
You can follow his illustrative journey through New York by checking out his blog:

His prints are also for sale, so why not buy a little piece of New York?
Prices starting at $30 for an 8.5" by 11" sized print, ranging through to $90 for a 17 by 22" print.

Love,
Danielle x

No comments: