live love laugh

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Tea time


So I recently had a brief at school to design packaging for a trio of fictional teas, any flavours, along with your own branding. And I can actually say that I thoroughly enjoyed it! Probably because I am a bit of a tea fanatic to begin with, but it made me realise that I actually really enjoy package design and that at times it is a bit of an over looked area of design.



So in my researching current tea designs, I came across the following gorgeous range of Marks & Spencer caffeine free teas, whose beautiful packaging was designed by illustrator and cartoonist; Stuart Kolakovic.


Kolakovic who does some really amazing, whimsical yet almost story book like illustrations; well worth checking out his website to look at some of his previous work if you have the time.


I wouldn't even care what flavours these teas were I would buy all of them, they are all so darn scrumptious! I'm particularly fond of the detox tea (the pink one) but then again they all look so cute together! They kind of remind me of old soap boxes but I think that makes me like them even more!

It's almost a shame that there is only three in the series, I would love to see more! I can just imagine a minty green box and a zesty orange coloured one to add to the collection.

Love, 

Danielle

xx

No comments: