live love laugh

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

My Mario



One of my favourite photographers going round, Peruvian born Mario Testino. Possibly one of the 21st centuries most acclaimed and influential fashion photographers - easy to see why!


Testino, whom is currently based in London is notorious worldwide for his fashion photography and direction. With major clientele such as Vogue, Vanity Fair, Versace, D&G, Calvin Klein and Gucci under his belt, and that's only naming a few!  


Galleries worldwide have featured his solo exhibitions and his pieces can be found in many collections all around the globe, from the National Portrait Gallery in London to the New York University Gallery. 


His photography and art direction are second to none when you see the spreads in magazines, however it's his talent for capturing portraits that gets me every time, I guess it's that little bit easier when you are photographing beautiful people. However he has this knack of capturing moments that are off screen and have this 'snatched' kind of feel. It's this whole voyeuristic kind of thing that fascinates people with celebrities I guess, and Testino has it down pat, in this highly contrasted, beautiful yet stunningly elegant kind of way.


His signature black and white, highly contrasting photographs are simply stunning and I think it's pretty self explanatory why this man is still in such high demand to this very day! 









                                              


                              
 I can't even say how difficult I found it to select only a few images to add here, so I went a bit Testino crazy, I partly blame the devilishly good looking Ryan Gosling GQ advertorial ones!

More at 


Love Danielle xx

No comments: